The sessions I have been teaching include topics such as
- Plant identification
- Plant chemistry
- Plant structure
- Medicinal plants: an overview.
- Ethnomedicine and medical anthropology
- Ethnopharmacy and ethnopharmacology: an overview and case studies from the Mazatecs of Southern Mexico.
- Chemical ecology
- Biodiversity conservation
- Food Plants an: overview and case studies on staple food species
- Cash crops: an overview and a case studies from Coffee production in Southern Mexico
- How to write a plant profile.
- Botanical families of economic importance.
- How to get the best out of your fieldwork: advices on research methods and mental attitude
I am also very keen to give more talks to non-academic audiences, below are some examples of the topics:
- Ethnobotany: an overview.
- Economic Botany: an overview.
- The use of Medicinal Plants in Mexico.
If you are interested please feel free to contact me.